Wednesday, April 20, 2016

So Long. Farewell. Kabsat.

Well. Last week was my last full week with Elder Macanlalay… Haha I’m going to miss that guy. It’s been a fun and fulfilling time with him… I’ve learned a lot from him and I’m excited to learn more from my next companion. Hopefully he’ll be Filipino because 1: Filipinos are good at cooking, so good cook = yummy food. 2: Ha ha ha. Oh man this language sometimes. Yeah.
Anyway, last week was pretty alright! We had a zone meeting and exchanges.
I’ll start with exchanges. I had an exchange with Elder Cram! I’m one transfer ahead of him, meaning both of us are fairly new at this whole missionary thing and we’re not really that good at speaking Tagalog yet… I’d imagine we look pretty funny to the Filipinos; just us two foreigners walking around, looking semi-lost, trying to speak in our broken Taglish. Oh boy.
But everything worked out! Something cool happened. It was nearing the end of the day and we were tired and hungry and we still had some studies to make up… But we decided to stay out for just a few more minutes and approach a few more houses. At literally the next house we went to, we met an older couple who had been taught by the couple missionaries before. They had a Book of Mormon and the husband said that he had already read it. He also told us that he was sick, and that he promised to the couple missionaries that he would go to church once he was well enough to go. I think he said that now he is well enough, but he doesn’t know many people at church so he’s scared to go. Even so, my hope is that he and his wife get taught soon so they can partake of the blessings of living the gospel and being baptized. But yeah wow, if we had gone home right then, we would never have met them, so that’s awesome.
Hm. Other than that, nothing really stands out this week. Well, nothing more than usual… I mean, I guess we did talk to these too super drunk guys yesterday and they invited us to drink with them, but that’s it. Haha!
I’d just like to share one scripture that we discussed in Zone Meeting, in 1 Corinthians 13:11, “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” Ha oh man this scripture is great, and very applicable to all people. Sometimes we think childishly, we think and act selfishly, we puff ourselves up pridefully, and we forget what things are important. For my own self-application, I realized that getting frustrated and angry is childish. Being impatient is childish. So, I’m going to try to be more patient and put away anything childish that would hinder the work of the Lord.
Hmmm. I feel like I talk about patience a lot. Probably because it’s what I need the most right now haha.
Well this is about all I have right now. Once again, no pictures because slow internet and all that fun stuff.

Mahal ko kayo lahat!
-Elder Ahn

PS Once again a day late because well. Internet here in Palawan is a bit slow. As usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment