Monday, June 26, 2017

They Just Keep Comin' - 11/27/16

Every single week we have new faces popping up at church... and it's GREAT! We're just like "HEY WELCOME WELCOME WHEN CAN WE TEACH YOU?" Usually they're from other areas, but right now, for example, a member's 14 year old sister in law came to church two weeks ago, and we started teaching her, and then she came yesterday as well AND she's accepted the invitation to be baptized.... it's just amazing. I keep learning more and more that the Lord truly does bless us for our diligence and obedience. Elder Petersen and I have been trying so hard to find the people who are ready and just serve the best that we can, and even now, we're seeing the fruits from our labors, and we will continue to see the fruits far after our time in this area has passed.

BUT HEY GOOD NEWS! Look at those pictures.
Dorian Serra was baptized last Saturday! Man it was hectic at first though. We got there and the font was nasty and filled with "who knows how old" water so we had to drain that out WITH BUCKETS and then clean and refill the font. So we finally started like, 45 minutes after we were supposed to, but nonetheless, it was a great spiritual experience. The spirit was abundant, and Dorian is so awesome. He's super excited to receive the Aaronic Priesthood soon and start magnifying his calling as a "soon to be" deacon. Like... for the closing prayer at the baptismal service, he was like "Can I say the prayer?" and we were like "..Uh. Psh YEAH you can."  He's so awesome.

Well. I don't have a ton of time. We're trying to get home to make an awesome Thanksgiving meal which I will send pictures of next week... But I would just like to invite all of you to take some time this week and ask yourself "What does God think of me?" Then take the time to kneel and ask Heavenly Father what he thinks of you. This last week, I'm not going to lie, I was a little bit stressed and a wee bit discouraged, and I didn't feel like God was proud of the work we've been doing, because it felt like we were trying and trying but nothing much was changing. But a fellow Elder, Elder Parker, told me that we are making more of a difference than we think we are. That we are accomplish much more than we realize. Then Elder Petersen made the insightful comment that "What matters is what God thinks of us." and what better way to find out than to ask Him directly. This week I really felt God's love for me, and I have been blessed with a reassurance that I, just like all other people, have a purpose. There is a reason why I'm assigned in this area, in Manila, in the Philippines. There is a reason why all of you are doing... whaaatever you're doing. Haha. It's all a part of God's large and eternal plan of happiness to eventually have us realize and achieve our divine potential.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Mahal ko kayo! Ingat kayo lahat!

-Elder Ahn



No comments:

Post a Comment