Monday, July 11, 2016

MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE

SWEET LAND OF LIBERTY... OF THEE I SIIIIIING.

Only one of the missionaries that I live with is an American. We'll see if we can do something here to celebrate. It might just be singing songs and stuff.

Well...
Last week was fun. We went to the DMV to get our Licenses for the Philippines. Hopefully I'll never have to use it... They're just doing it now so that if a missionary gets called to the office or as AP, they'll already be able to drive. I just really don't want to drive here though. Traffic is insane.

What else. Hm, this week we got a lot of new investigators actually. All of them are pretty receptive and are asking lots of questions, so I'm excited to see if we can help them to progress.
Other than that, it was just another good week. The other Elders in the district have another baptism of like, 3-4 kids in this awesome part member family this coming saturday, so that will be fun. 

Super cool experience....
So lately my struggle has been with just approaching strangers sometimes. I don't know, I guess I'm still afraid sometimes. Which is NOT GOOD.
So when we were walking out from the Office last week, this random old white guy approached me and just said "Ephesians 6."
I was like "Okay that was odd."
But then later during personal study, I decided to read that chapter. It talks about the armor of god, and in verses 19-20, it talks about "speaking boldly" to share the "mysteries of the gospel". I was like "Well that's what I need. I need to speak more boldly." Then I looked at a footnote there and it took me to D&C 60: 2-3.

I think God is lovingly chastising me.

Pretty much it says that he is angry with those that don't "open their mouths" and "hide their talents" because they're not being "faithful".
So. I learned an important lesson. Who do I fear more? Man? or God?
Of course the latter.

I brings me peace to know that "God knows me more than I know myself" and that he's always watching and helping ALL of His children. Not just a few thousand or a few hundred thousand... All.

Well, this is about all I have for you.

Love you much.

PS  IanTai, I totally saw a kid the other day wearing your same exact flower shirt (the one that's kinda dark on the background and has pinkish flowers) Just thought I'd let you know.

Mahal ko kayo!

-Elder Ahn

No comments:

Post a Comment