Tuesday, November 1, 2016

...Aaaaand Strike Two....

.....Captain Clumsy strikes again. Also, keeping this email short. Not much time. Haha.

So guess who fell into dirty sewer water again.... Ha.
I'll spare the details. Let's just say that I'm extremely accident prone, especially at night time when we're walking around and it's hard for me to see. The Filipinos like to joke about my eyes and they claim that I keep falling into these crud puddles "kasi singkit" or because my eyes are small/squinty. Oh well. This too I will endure. Haha.

SO COOL STUFF. Our entire District has baptisms this coming Saturday! Haha so many awesome things are happening. More people are entering into the waters of baptism, General Conference is coming up soon.... Ah I love it.

So lately, I've been increasing my study on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I remember something from Preach My Gospel that says that as your understanding of the Atonement increases, your desire to share the Gospel increases as well. This is a very great truth.
As we come to understand what the Atonement is, why we need it's redemptive power, and how it helps us personally, our desire to share this knowledge and help others find peace increases as well. So many of our brothers and sisters are searching for peace in their life; so many of them have something missing. The Gospel is the answer, and central to the Gospel is Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I'm so grateful for Him, and that He suffered and died for us. Now, one of my favorite hymns is "I Stand All Amazed" because really, that's all we can do... be amazed, wonder how and why he did what he did, then come unto him.
This Church is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He's created a path for us to return, freed from the burden of sin, to our loving Heavenly Father... And we are all truly blessed for that.

Well, love you all. Don't forget the love of our Savior this week as you do all your studies, work, and other shenanigans.

-Elder Ahn

No comments:

Post a Comment