Tuesday, November 1, 2016

INCOOOOMMINNG BAPTISM

This upcoming saturday will be the baptism of our investigator Andrea Torres! WOOT.
She's great. Her absolute desire, willingness, and humility to follow God's commandments and accept the Gospel is amazing and humbling to see.

Ha so funny story, last saturday was her interview and we told her that it would be at the church, then an hour before the interview she texted us and was like "Can we have the interview here at our house? I'm preparing food so we can all eat and stuff" and we were like "uhhh..... hindi pwede sister ('no can do' sister), it needs to be at the church." and she was like "oh.. okay." But everything worked out because Elder Jovita and I were able to go over afterwards and eat.

Last week was a little harder than others...
I now have first hand experience and a firm testimony that missionary work DOES NOT WORK unless there is COMPANIONSHIP UNITY.
We struggled being open with eachother, but earlier today we discussed everything and fixed everything, so things are back to normal and OK.
This is so applicable with any relationship; whether it be with family, friends, or above all, with a spouse. If both sides are not open about everything, then there is no progression and anger and resentment just builds and builds until it eventually explodes. Last week I often thought to myself "Hm. So this must be kind of what it's like to fight with a spouse" because as companions, we're always together. Haha I guess God is just sending me a foretaste of what the future might hold. XD
Needless to say once again, things are alright now. I love Elder Jovita. This little guy is teaching me so many priceless lessons, and it's great.

I can't think of much else.
Ummm......
Yeah that's it for now. I'll keep this one short and sweet. I'll find a better way to organize my thoughts so that when Monday comes, I'll be able to say more.
Transfers are in two days so yeah, my mind is just everywhere right now.

Alright peace. Mahal ko po kayo lahat.

-Elder Ahn

No comments:

Post a Comment